Book in Review: Lullabies by Lang Leav

9:40 PM


Title: Lullabies
Author: Lang Leav
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date: September 16th, 2014
Pages: 248, Paperback

Summary (via Goodreads):
A sequel to the hugely popular, best-selling Love & MisadventureLullabies continues to explore the intricacies of love and loss.


Set to a musical theme, love's poetic journey in this new, original collection begins with a Duet and travels through Interlude and Finale with an Encore popular piece from the best-selling Love & Misadventure. Lang Leav's evocative poetry speaks to the soul of anyone who is on this journey.


Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.


Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist.



I made a review for Lang Leav's other book, Love & Misadventure, recently, and I remember saying that it was a really great book. I also recall writing in there that Lang Leav's writing definitely improved in her next book, which is this one. Because of this, you probably already have an inkling of what I have to say about this book.

To be honest, there isn't much to say anymore. Leav remained pretty much consistent with her style and voice. She managed to follow up her first work with another that was even better. My initial excitement from reading my first actual book of poetry had died down, but I still appreciate this book. I have a copy of both Love & Misadventure and Lullabies in my phone, and I was highlighting and bookmark-ing all the poems or lines that stuck to me or made me think deeply. In L&M, I thought that I had already highlighted a lot of lines, but after taking a look at those I had marked in Lullabies, I was shocked to see that the number had only increased. While I was reading the book, I feel like I got a little trigger-happy, but with highlighting, and now I'm re-reading those I've marked, once again realizing that Leav's poetry is truly amazing.

The problem with authors who have already made great works is that, oftentimes, their next works can't compare. I believe that Lang Leav has done a great job of avoiding that and following up with another book that can only be described as a work true to her. Same as her first book, Lullabies is filled with poetry and prose that manages to take readers into the world of lovers. She brings her audience through the beginning, the blossoming, the climax, the falling apart, and the ending of love. Not only that, she opens their eyes to the aftermath of such strong affection as well. I found her concept to be truly gorgeous and fitting with the emotions and ideas she brought to the surface. She had beautiful illustrations too, illustrations that seem to be even more beautiful than the past. All in all, Lang Leav is doing a great job so far and is constantly improving in all aspects.

Once again, I would say that I highly recommend this work. Those who are starting out with poetry, those who need some inspiration, and those who want to be brought to new places would love this book. Also, if any of you have any more books filled with poetry, or even just any book recommendation, please don't hesitate to place them in the comments below. :)

Forget her tattered memories,
or the pages others took;
you are her ever after-
the hero of her book. 










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide