Book in Review: The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

8:45 PM

Title: The Forever Song
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publishing Date: April 15th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary:
Vengeance will be hers.

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster? With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

Monster.

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions - her creator Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost - the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie. 

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, her triumph will be short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.

THE FINAL HUNT IS ON.


After that HORRIBLE cliffhanger in Book 2, I thought I had seen the worst. How wrong I was.

Oh Julie. You will never make this easy huh.

The Forever Song was an epic, fantastic and excellent conclusion to the Blood of Eden series. I couldn't have wanted anything more for the last book. Wow... it was exciting, action-packed, gory, bloody, absolutely horrific! But at the same time it was awesome and so kickass. I was on the edge of my seat finding something to hold on to, because I was afraid I'd actually lose it. I certainly did not foresee that ending, but I loved how everything becomes full circle in the end.

In this third installment, Allison's struggle is the hardest. For a newbie vampire, she really is going through a lot with all her mixed up emotions of revenge, anger, and sadness. She certainly has her moments in the book, where she almost gives up to the monster within her, but she always, always finds a way to get back. I loved her character development in this last book, and she has gone a long way from that small weak girl dying in the rain. And my god, Allison is a scary killer with that katana. She is a brave and incredible fighter. This girl is practically my hero.

It was interesting to see a different side of Zeke in this book but Julie really pulled it off with her top notch writing. I can't see any other author write a nice guy into something as horrible as what Zeke turned into in this book and still feel like it makes sense. The character development is incredible, and you never for one second think Zeke is out of character or inconsistent. Everything just adds up!

And then Kanin - he is seriously one of the best characters ever. Truly a master vampire. I really really admired him even more in this book. He's a father figure to both Allison and Jackal and is great at leading people. Jackal, with his morbid sense of humor and his outward facade of bloodthirstiness, is actually a really really complex character. I can really say that he actually has a heart and cares about Allison no matter how much he'd deny it. I especially loved their constant bickering and interaction in this book.

As much as I loved all the characters in this book, I loved almost everything else too! I loved the DETAIL and how well developed every scene and plot point was. Every single thing that happens in this book is so descriptive and visual and so intense - I could imagine it happening right under my nose. Julie's writing is as always, excellent and commendable. I LOVED THIS BOOK AND CAN'T BE ANY HAPPIER WITH THE ENDING. It was hard and heartbreaking and we lost so much, but it was so good and was an excellent way to wrap up the series!

This is not a paranormal YA book series with hot shiny, or sparkly vampires. This is a dark, compelling series with scary, crazy and morbid vampires. Consider yourself warned.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide