Book in Review: The Before Now and After Then by Peter Monn

12:06 AM

The Before Now and After Then


Title: The Before Now and After Then
Author: Peter Monn
Pages: 304
Publlication Date: July 28, 2014
Publisher: Pen Name Publishing
Rating: 3/5 

Summary:

Danny Goldstein has always lived in the shadow of his identical, twin brother Sam. But when a hurricane of events forces him into the spotlight, he starts to realize that the only thing he’s truly afraid of is himself. With the help of his costume changing friend Cher, a famous gay uncle with a mysterious past of his own, two aging punk rocker parents and Rusty, the boy who will become his something to live for, Danny begins to realize that the music of the heart is truly the soundtrack for living.






I started reading this book and I was so stoked for it. I was expecting something cool. That is because it's quite difficult to write a book revolving around gay people that's not offensive, not too opinionated and is handled well. I like reading lgbt books because there aren't much of it in the world. 

When I reached about 30% of the book, you can ask my sister how much I was having the gay feels. Rusty and Danny were really cute! 

But, there was a twist of mindset when I was somewhere in the middle of the story. I got a bit bored. I still read it, but not like I still had the feels. Majority of the content of the book was how Rusty and Danny spent one whole week together so happy and full of butterflies. They literally just met, and they already knew that they liked each other and after again a few days, they loved each other. I'm not a fan of immediate relationships. I don't believe in those, even though both characters believed that time cannot measure love. 

I was kind of dissapointed because their relationship could have been more on getting to know each other first before anything. Another thing was that I was already expecting what was going to happen, in almost all parts of the book. There was nothing spectacular about the ending as well, but it's a great way to end the book. I was happy that it ended that way. 

The beginning and ending was great, and the way Danny thinks was a bit relatable too. I just think that it could've been more exciting, and less boring in the middle. Nonetheless, I did not regret reading this book. I was still glad that I read it. This book is worth checking out if you want to read something light and cute.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide