Guest Post: Marie Landry's Top 5 Contemporary YA Reads

11:13 AM



My Top 5 Contemporary YA Reads
A Guest post by Marie Landry

Since the first two books in the Angel Island series are YA (here’s a secret: the third book will be New Adult), and since I absolutely adore contemporary YA, I thought I’d share five of my favourite books with you. These are the books I recommend most when someone asks me for must-read YA contemporary. 

Displaying Marie-Landry-Top-5-Fave-Contemporary-YA.jpg

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I love this book so much. Anna is such an easy character to relate to, and Etienne is one of my favourite book boyfriends. Plus the story is set in Paris - what could be better than that? I reread this book last April and was worried I wouldn’t enjoy it as much the second time around, but I loved it even more than the first time. I think I’m just about due for another reread. ;-)

Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I adore road trip books, and this one is my favourite. It’s funny, emotional, sweet, romantic, and just basically perfect.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This book has the perfect mixture of emotion, humour, drama, and romance. It’s sweet, funny, heartbreaking, and sexy. I would love to be part of the Garrett family.

If Only We by Jessica Sankiewicz
This is a contemporary story with a hint of wibbly wobbly timey wimey goodness. It’s a very relatable coming-of-age story with some great life lessons. It’s perfect for anyone who loves stories about second chances.

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
This is a book that packs an emotional punch. It deals with a lot of heavy issues, but it has a really beautiful romance, and moments of humour to balance it all out. There are also great aspects of family and friendship in the book, which I love.

This list easily could have had a dozen books or more, but those are five of my very favourite contemporary reads. What are some of your favourites?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide