Feature Follow Friday: Favorite Outdoor Reading Spot

5:26 PM

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!


GFCbloglovin

Spring is in the air! Show off your favorite outdoors reading spot. If you don’t go outside…well where else do you read that isn’t inside your house? We want pics!


The Beach


So I don't really read outside much since I'm a homebuddy and prefer the privacy of my own room, but part from the house, one of my favorite places to go to would be the ocean! Ever since I was a kid the ocean has always been my favorite place and I would keep nagging my parents to take me to the beach. I just love swimming so much and the feel of the ocean breeze is absolutely fantastic. This is the seaside in my home province where I grew up, and we always come here during Sundays to go walking. Sometimes I'd take a book with me and read for a bit. This is definitely a great place that is serene and beautiful!



The Coffee Shop


For me, the coffee shop is the best place besides my house, to read a good book. When I read a book, I want the place to be quiet and peaceful. Plus, I love the smell of coffee! It's pretty relaxing to read in a place where there are comfy couches, and good drinks. The feeling when you slouch down on a soft chair, inhaling the scent of coffee and drinking your favorite frappe while reading your favorite book is simply magical.



The Dentist's Waiting Room


I usually read books at home but when I do read books outside, it's mostly because I was anticipating a long wait. I don't like the awkward silence whenever I am in the dentist's waiting room. All those people waiting for the dentist to place a sharp, shiny, metal object in their mouth + silence + air conditioning= awkward, cold silence with random people surrounding you. To avoid this awkwardness, I bring a book and read there. It's actually nice since it's quiet and cold. No one will disturb you because there's this unspoken rule that you avoid eye contact and ignore the person next to you whoe waiting at the dentist's waiting room (or is that just me?). 

What's your Feature Follow Friday? What did you think about ours? Leave a comment!



You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Love all three of those spots :D And don't worry, I'm an indoor reading person too :)
    Old follower

    My FF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean! I live in Nova Scotia, which is a peninsula and it has always just been a hop, skip and a jump away. Coffee shops are pretty great too but the good seats are always taken =/. Surprisingly, I have spent way too much time in the dentist office lately. I took it as an opportunity to break in my kobo.
    Here's my favourite outdoor spot
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/quotable-thursdays-harry-potter-order.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great places to read books. I sometimes read at my doctor's waiting room too. Sometimes I have to wait for five hours and reading makes time go faster. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    New Bloglovin follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Love your spots! I followed both!
    http://www.kalebsmome.blogspot.com

    <3
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beach is gorgeous!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/03/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha the dentist room is a perfect place to read. That was such an original pic not many people would have though to put that =)
    New bloglovin follower =)
    Here's my FF
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading on the bus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such awesome places to read! (Even the dentist's waiting room. Hey, you read where you gotta read, y'know? :D)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you back via Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I lived by the ocean, I'd totally read there all the time! The coffee shop and the dentist's waiting room are both beautiful places. Thanks for visiting my FF. Old follower by GFC (although my photo won't show up for some reason), Twitter, and bloglovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've gotta read where you've gotta read! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Nora @ The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree with the beach and the coffee shop. Gosh, there is just something about a coffee shop which makes it the perfect venue for readers and writers. I try to avoid dentists at all costs and would be way to nervous to read there unfortunately :( but will read when I have to wait at the doctors / hair dressers etc.
    Thanks for dropping by :) New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to the ocean, it looks so beautiful! As long as there isn't a ton of people, it sound like a peaceful place to read.
    I don't like coffee, but I absolutely love the smell of it! I'm going to have to experience reading with one of my favorite smells surrounding me, LOL!
    I avoid the dentist as much as possible. I usually end up have an anxiety attack whenever I go. Not fun at all.

    Thanks for following Booksniffer Book Reviews!
    New follower via GFC, BlogLovin, and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that beach looks beautiful. And your dentist looks very clean and posh, the one I go to looks run down compared to that!
    Nice spots. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your reading spots ladies! And I love your blog! Following!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pics!! Thanks for following my blog, I followed back via GFC!

    -Emilee @ Fantastical Paper Realm

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide